Re: [LAU] Console based software EQ for jack

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2013 - 12:30:53 EET

Hello Stefan!
   Ecasound's basic concept is chains. A chain looks like this:
input -> possible processing options -> output
   So you can use jack intput and output:
ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i jack_multi,mpd:out1,mpd:out2 -o \
jack_multi,system:playback_1,system:playback_2
   At the end of this line you can add effects. For example a filter. You can
use LADSPA unique IDs or the labels. I prefer IDs, since I always forget upper
and lower case letters. So the GLAME Highpass IIR filter (label: highpass_iir
and ID 1890). It has two parameter cutoff and poles/stages. You can find that
out with analyseplugin from the basic ladspa suite or look it up in your
favourite graphic ladspa host. So at the end of the ecasound line we have:
-eli:1890,50,2
or
-el:highpass_iir,50,2
   Adds a highpass filter with 50Hz cutoff frequency and two stages/poles.
   My favourite EQ is still Fons Adriaenson's 4-band parametric EQ (1970). I
think the package is called 4-band parametric filter (or just filter). It has
a lot of options, you can try them in your favourite graphical application
first and then copy all the values, that you found. probably easiest for you.
   If you need more help ask. - one last note: the -f:16,2,44100 is the
ecasound audio formation option, see the manpage. It's
bitrate,number-of-channels,samplerate. So this is CD-quality. Adapt to your
needs.
   Warmly yours
        Julien