Re: [LAU] Panning based on Haas effect

From: Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 19 2013 - 18:24:53 EET

2013/1/19 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>:
> Perhaps you want to do a stereo mix, that is so minimal stereo, that it's
> nearly mono. This would archive that everything does sound similar by just
> listening to the left, right or both channels panned to mono. If it's too
> mono like for your taste, you might want add some early reflections from the
> direction the instrument should be, to spread the stereo impression.

I was thinking to do totally mono mix and using delays to add some
spacial localisation for individual instrument between LR.
Now it looks like bad idea for CD production because there is no mono
compatibility.
But I am still thinking it might be interesting to do such mix for
larger speaker setup like theater ...
I would like to try it in real world and see how does it sound.

m.