Re: [LAU] debugging conflicts Pulseaudio/Jack

From: Federico Bruni <fedelogy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 20 2013 - 16:03:21 EET

Il 18/01/2013 01:00, Patrick Shirkey ha scritto:
> There is a bug in Pulseaudio that is stopping pa from releasing the audio
> device.
>
> The temporary solution until it is fixed and released is to disable
> autospawn and restart pa.
>
> edit ~/.pulse/client.conf
>
> add
>
> autospawn = no

This solved the issue temporarily, but then PulseAudio stopped working
because it couldn't find the device anymore.

I guess it's because of ~/.pulse/client.conf. Can it contain just that
line? Or should I copy the file from /etc/pulse and then edit it?
I'd prefere being able to include /etc/pulse/client.conf e then add the
line. Or maybe change /etc/pulse/client.conf, hoping that in case of
update I'll be warned about the new config file (as it happens with
other debian packages).

My concern is: I don't want my ~/.pulse/client.conf to be out-of-date
wrt the pulseaudio package.

Finally, I've reset my configuration (only ~/.pulse/default.pa) and
couldn't reproduce the error.
Doing more testing...

--
Federico