Re: [LAU] New song for upcoming little project

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2013 - 06:05:43 EET

On Wed, January 23, 2013 2:30 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Two things about the production, that poked out: first the bassdrum is
> quite
> loud - in comparison - and rather bulky, seeing, that you chose a bluky
> rhythm. If you didn't really want that, then I'd suggest removing a little
> bit
> of the low end - quite amazing, how much you can remove in such a mix -
> and
> then have a look at the compressor again.

The bass didn't bother me, I think though as you said...

> Also it seems, that the whole mix is overcompressed, the drums "pump"
> the
> strings aside.

I didn't hear that first listen, but then I was running around at the
time, I liked the tune. but on second listen, yeah, the strings sound like
they are cutting out at every beat. I can't say I haven't done the same
thing though.

> just want more loudness in this case, try to compress single tracks -

Ya single tracks. Or just allow more dynamic range though I don't know if
wide dynamics fit this mood best.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net