Re: [LAU] Sample rate vs. SNR

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 26 2013 - 19:20:34 EET

On Sat, January 26, 2013 7:26 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:17:55 +0100, Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> It was interesting to find out the the same company
>> now owns all three companies that developed the three standards.
>
> What's the name of the company? I won't read the Wiki or google now ;).

"PAL was developed by Walter Bruch at Telefunken in Germany....

Telefunken was later bought by the French electronics manufacturer
Thomson. Thomson also bought the Compagnie Générale de Télévision where
Henri de France developed SECAM, the first European Standard for colour
television. Thomson, now called Technicolor SA, also owns the RCA brand
and licenses it to other companies; Radio Corporation of America, the
originator of that brand, created the NTSC colour TV standard before
Thomson became involved."

-> from the PAL wiki page.

Technicolor owns them all it seems.

--