Re: [LAU] USB2 Audio, PreSonus Audiobox 1818VSL -- was: Sound Devices USBPre2, UAC2 status

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 27 2013 - 00:40:46 EET

On 01/26/2013 05:13 PM, drew Roberts wrote:
[..]
>>> I have access to a PreSonus Audiobox 1818VSL today, and it gets
>>> instantly recognised with 18+18 channels. I tested the analog inputs and
>>> outputs, and these work fine with up to 24/96.
>>
>> It is known to work well under GNU/Linux:
>>
>> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/current_audio_gear#presonus_-_1818vsl_usb2
>
> Anyone recorded multiple tracks at once into ardour using this interface?

Certainly. All 8 analog inputs at once without any issues. - Ardour3 in
this case, but Ardour does not care: Since jackd (actually ALSA) works
reliably, all is good. You get a constant stream of 18 ins and 18 outs.

I have not yet had any need for recording mixed analog+digital sessions
but I've done some S/Pdif capturing and tested ADAT.

ciao,
robin