Re: [LAU] I really need help with jack

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 27 2013 - 20:18:03 EET

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> ah, you appear to know this. so you've switched to the USB device, and the
> problems are gone. pretty much points to the sort of device-specific issue
> that david was referring to, i think.

Yes. Jack was running audacity. And, the original problem I had with
audacity doing motorboat recording while doing playback is gone with
jack. So, if that works, I'm a happy camper. Like I said, I'll have to
do a full track recording playing my sax and see how that works. I'll
let you all know.

I think the easy thing to do would be to simply blacklist the usb
audio device from pulse. Then I could just start jack for that device
... and have pulse continue to run. Save some problems since
pasuspender doesn't bring back the pulse devices after it terminates.
Need a log out for that (and then, that doesn't always work either and
I just reboot ... just like the windows guys have learned).

Anyone know how to blacklist a device in pulse?

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden