Re: [LAU] Linux radio / streaming tips?

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2013 - 20:28:47 EET

On Monday 28 January 2013 12:01:01 Dan MacDonald wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions so far!
>
> Has anyone on the list tried more than one of Airtime, IDJC and Rivendell
> (plus any of the other solutions) enough to make a good comparison?

Sorry, no.

I looked at airtime (I think before it was airtime) in the dim past. I have
used rivendell much more. I would say it is more geared to running a
professional broadcast radio station. IDJC looks more like you want to be in
front of the app.

Rivendell will let you make events, clocks, grids, and schedule music for a
day and chain to the next day's music when done. Fun stuff for me at least.

The station may already have software to do what rivendell does though.

The stations I work for use windows software for that. We then pull the onair
feed into a linux box running darkice which then sends to a local icecast2
server. From there, we pull that stream from our account with a stream
hosting company.

all the best,

drew