Re: [LAU] Jackd ... add device

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2013 - 00:13:00 EET

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM, S C Rigler <riglersc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Okay, I've got jackd working with my usb audio device and audacity.
>> And, yes, recording works very nicely. Thanks for the help!
>>
>> Now, I want to plug in a usb microphone in addition to the other
>> device already running. So, the question becomes: How do I add a 2nd
>> device to an already running jackd? Or do I need to tell jack when it
>> starts to use 2 devices (again, how?). And, will audacity catch on to
>> this?
>>

> In this case I would probably start jack using the USB audio interface
> and use alsa_in for the microphone.
>
> --Steve

Thanks. Okay did that :)

1. Got jack running. No problems
2. Started alas_in with

      alsa_in hw:4,0

It says:

bob$ alsa_in hw:4,0
Cannot lock down 82241434 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
selected sample format: 32bit
delay = 1019

And run audacity which gives me another input selection "alsa_in".
Only problem is that when I record from this I get static. Recording
from plain alsa works okay, so the device/mic are problably okay.

So, I probably need to do more in setting up the alsa_in other than
the defaults? Not sure what though.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden