Re: [LAU] Jackd ... add device

From: mark hadman <markhadman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2013 - 17:55:50 EET

From http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html :

Zita-ajbridge

Zita-ajbridge provides two applications, zita-a2j and zita-j2a. They
allow to use an ALSA device as a Jack client, to provide additional
capture (a2j) or playback (j2a) channels. Functionally these are
equivalent to the alsa_in and alsa_out clients that come with Jack,
but they provide much better audio quality. The resampling ratio will
typically be stable within 1 PPM and change only very smoothly. Delay
will be stable as well even under worst case conditions, e.g. the Jack
client running near the end of the cycle