Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2013 - 18:15:51 EET

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:

> However, at this point I would also ask for a need to differentiate between
> hobbyist software and commercial software done by professionals. If we
> compare Linux Audio Hobbyist (again, simply meaning not a commercial
> endeavor, not backed up by capital) with Windows Audio Hobbyist, I wonder
> who wins.

And that, in a nutshell, explains the reason Dave had that
conversation elsewhere.

People do not readily admit that they use hobbyist software. In fact,
people do not readily use it. People tend to wish honing skills, which
is so much easier to do when you have a complex piece of software that
you learn step by step. Especially since there are hundreds of books
and tutorials, as well as thousands of users in forums to consult
with.

In other words, users look up to expertise. Not a typical hobbyist feature.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org