Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2013 - 18:34:05 EET

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:26:24 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> My main complaint is not really about Linux, per se, but the whole DAW, etc.,
> scene: Lack of interoperability!
>
> I have a lot of Cakewalk files from the Windows days. Cannot do anything with
> them besides play two tracks in Cakewalk-Express using WINE.

AATranslator is a Windows-based program that converts just about any
DAW's sessions to another. It works really well under WINE and has
let me work on sessions with Ardour that were started in another DAW
just fine. It's commercial software, but I have no problem supporting
such an effort with my cash.