Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2013 - 19:39:18 EET

Hi Dave,

2013/2/5 Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>:
> So, in your honest and bold opinion as user and/or developer, what do we
> lack most and what can we do without that we already have ? Please feel free
> to expand your remarks as you like. I'm planning an article on the topic and
> will likely use selected comments, subject to approval of course.

These days I rely a lot on Addictive drums, it's great but the whole
setup using the VST through Wine is very volatile, it works just fine
on my main composition machine but not so good on others so I'm really
fearing the day when it's upgrade time..
So, in short: I'm missing a decent, native, drum plugin.

The second thing is sound interfaces, for the moment I'm all set but
for the long term there should really exist a _good_ sound card with
open design, thereby securing it's availability.

Just my two ören,
Robert