Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2013 - 21:18:03 EET

On Tuesday 05 February 2013 18:26:24 David Baron wrote:
> My main complaint is not really about Linux, per se, but the whole DAW,
> etc., scene: Lack of interoperability!
>
> I have a lot of Cakewalk files from the Windows days. Cannot do anything
> with them besides play two tracks in Cakewalk-Express using WINE.

That is because you have been ignoring that KMidimon reads and plays Cakewalk
WRK files. And my library drumstick-file is available under a free license,
offering this functionality to any interested developer.

For me, this says everything about the worse problem in the Linux audio
development community.

Regards