[LAU] Need to create midi files using multiple sound banks in Linux using native notation editor

From: linux_matt <martinspost@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 14:00:10 EET

I am currently creating midi files using Noteworthy Composer under Wine. I
allocate sound banks like so: asfxload -b [bank no.] [font] and staves in
Noteworthy can be allocated to particular sound banks. I then create wav
files to use use a backing tracks (for practice) using fluidsynth having
first mapped soundfonts to presets in fluidsynth (I like to use skifta as a
remote which is very handy). All of this works well but I would like to
switch to a native Linux notation editor. My preference would probably be
denemo or musescore, rosegarden has a lot of functionality i don't really
need. I am struggling to find how I can call multiple soundbanks in a single
score and export those as a midi file so fluidsynth can utilise the relevant
soundfonts. Grateful for any advice on resolving this -- thanks