Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: David Olofson <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2013 - 20:32:25 EET

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
[...]
> But strangely, I'm only bitching about the state of the music linux
> world when I'm on a bad composition day :)
> <sarcasm>My lack of insipiration cannot be my fault, it HAS to be my
> machine! </sarcasm>

Lately I've been typing my music in a small custom language, using
about four basic waveforms. Probably never been so inspired in my
life...! Full blown audio sequencer with umpteen different synths and
five hundred plugins? Meh.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind some basic MIDI recording features (right
in the script editor, preferably!), but other than that, I honestly
don't miss all that fancy GUI stuff all that much. Of course, I've
been coding for almost 30 years now, implemented a few scripting
engines and whatnot, so I'm probably a bit brain damaged... But it
worked for the old masters on the 8 bit machines! :-D

--
//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate
.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.