Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2013 - 21:30:49 EET

Well, Al, problem is that copyright is a law. What that means is that the
government
has sort of "signed the contract" for you with anyone who creates any
content. This is
why in my view copyright is illegitimate because it is really a forced
contract.

As for the terms in the software, it is gray area. Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EULA#Shrink-wrap_and_click-wrap_licenses

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 02/08/2013 12:05 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > Theft is when you deprive someone of their property. Infringing on a
> > contract is just that - infringing on a contract.
> > Not acting on prior agreement. It is not theft by any reasonable
> > definition.
>
> It would only be infringing on a contract if you had signed (or agreed
> to) that contract. If the author says you can only use his software if
> you agree to (sign) the contract, but you use it without agreeing to the
> contract, then you aren't infringing on a contract, but you are using
> his software without meeting his terms. Does it matter if his terms
> amount to a demand for payment, or merely that you agree to his contract?
>
> --
> ---
> My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:
>
> http://www.lateralforce.com
>

> My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
> mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
> http://audioandmore.wordpress.com
>

> Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer. Kalt lügt es auch;
> und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
> - [Friedrich Nietzsche]

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/