Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2013 - 12:57:01 EET

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:32:56 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> >> and here is a entry in Wikipedia which explain what the meaning of this
> >> picture is:
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku
> >

> > This is not art. This is soft male heterosexual pedo-pornography.
>
> Oh hey, it looks like we got ourselves a Japanese culture professor here :)
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

Either that or a foot fetishist :)

Meanwhile, back on topic.

One thing I find confusing is the way the kernel performance changes so
dramatically from one version to the next.

In debian testing, 64bit V3.1 vanilla works beautifully on my current
machine, but V3.2 requires jack to be set to 4x the latency! That's for both
vanilla & RT.

Unfortunately, making a new install only offers V3.2 now, so I hope I never
have a major problem requiring a full re-install.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk