Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2013 - 15:52:33 EET

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 12:06 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:17:34PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
> > and if you want to include the setup and configuration of a
> > bare-bones machine, then please also include the soldering iron and
> > oscilloscope :)
>
> And a calibrated test tape [snip]

That's why calibration at home usually is limited to premagnetisation.
Another issue for hobby engineers is to get the service manual.

However, for some humans it's hard to spend much time with the computer,
but it's easy for them to use stand alone devices.

I guess the original comparison (8 track analog vs a Linux computer) is
about the difference between a computer and (analog + digital) stand
alone devices.

Regards,
Ralf