Re: [LAU] [Fwd: Re: **** your sexism]

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 11:15:03 EET

On 11/02/13 16:25, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 02:26:34PM -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:

>> This is a deep and
>> serious subject! Best just to avoid the argument by not bringing
>> sexualized images in unless you are purposefully making something
>
> I think you mean sexist, instead of "sexualized"

actually "sexualized" does seem to be what is meant ... I guess that would imply
avoiding most of the staging and live performances many many musicians ... just
to name a very small sample try Elvis Presley, Mick Jagger or Madonna. So avoid
controversy by not showing their stuff because its too sexual and may offend????

Stripping the sexualized imagery from those artists would not leave much of
their live performances at all ... you may focus more on their music but I can't
see what else you would gain.

Finding more examples from any era or place you choose would be trivial, unless
there was some kind of heavy religious or moral censorship in place forcing you
to look a bit underground.

Simon