Re: [LAU] can't record from qsynth in Rosegarden

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 15:30:33 EET

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:20:20 +0100, linux_matt
<martinspost@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I have followed the instructions for recording to Rosegarden audio from
> Rosegarden midi but can't get this to work. The instructions on the
> Rosegarden site indicate that Qsynth output ports should be connected to
> the
> Rosegarden Record In port. I have tried this under the ALSA tab and also
> under the MIDI tab (using a2jmidid to make the MIDI ports visible). The
> only WAV recording I can get to work is the Gnome sound recorder which
> uses
> some form of system audio capture (which I can't get to work through jack
> either into Rosegarden). Possibly this is connected to Pulseaudio?
> (which is
> the only driver which works with Qsynth on my setup). The midi sound
> output
> itself from Rosegarden works great
> <http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/file/n82124/snapshot1.jpeg>

So if you use fluidsynth-dssi (the plugin) instead of Qsynth (a GUI for
fluidsynth) it does work?
The screenshot perhaps does show that you connected Rosegarden -> Qsynth?
What are the MIDI channel settings for Rosegarden's MIDI tracks? Can you
send MIDI notes by a virtual keyboard or a hardware keyboard directly to
Qsynth, instead of using Rosegarden? Does this work?