Re: [LAU] LAC 2013, why not more students?

From: Marije Baalman <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 22:15:25 EET

Hiho,

the LAC was born out of a desire amongst Linux Audio Developers to meet
in person, rather than just online.

Nevertheless, all LAC's have been streamed live to the net, with an IRC
channel to ask questions, for those not able to come over to attend in
some way.

Since 2007 the LAC is "traveling" thereby enabling local people (and
different local people each time) to join the conference more easily,
and changing the distance needed to travel to attend in person each
time.

That said, I'm sure that some students in Graz may be able to provide
some couchsurf spaces for students (or other people with little money
to spend) coming from abroad to at least reduce the cost for
accommodation, a wiki page (which we usually have for the LAC) could
maybe facilitate arranging this?

Sincerely,
Marije