Re: [LAU] mixing advice/assistance needed

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2013 - 11:54:46 EET

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:59:12 +0100
Grrrr, hard to come through the list again.

The original mail is outdated, but I would like to know if somebody ever
has successfully used an exciter, enhancer, vitalizer etc..

On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 16:28 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Is an exciter useful

I can't listen to the link at the moment, but I experienced exciters
never as useful. I don't remember the different exciters I tested, but
at least my Behringer Modulizer and Behringer 2442-FX-PRO provide
exciters and I suspect that I at least also tested one of them. However,
all exciters I tested, not very much, caused similar odd sound.

> I have an old track that needs brightened up a bit.

Perhaps an equalizer is the best way to go.

Have you ever used an exciter for something else? AFAIR I never recorded
using an exciter, just tested it and disconnected it.

Regards,
Ralf