Re: [LAU] [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ? OP reply.

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 11:11:34 EET

On 02/12/2013 04:26 PM, Folderol wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Looking at the conference website it seems I'm about a week too late to
> contribute any music.

Hello Will,

Afaik everything has been postponed to February 17th.

> The idea of doing a presentation is an interesting (but also quite scary) one.
> I have never done any public speaking at all, and wouldn't have a clue how to
> arrange such a thing. Also I don't know what equipment I could expect to be on
> hand.

Just do it! And you can communicate your wishes with the organization
regarding equipment you need. I think the bare essentials will be
available (beamer + amplification).

> However, I can see that the track "Ride With Yoshimi" I posted recently would be
> an ideal one for this as I used just about everything I know best on it
> (however, it's 8 minutes long).
>
> Would it work best as a talk over the actual playing music, or stepwise
> examination of parts, or what? I really have no clue:(

Personally I'd be more interested in a stepwise examination of parts.

> I think the cut-off time for presentations is also only a couple of days away:(

True but I still have to enter my proposals too :)

Jeremy