Re: [LAU] mixing advice/assistance needed

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 21:48:47 EET

On 13/02/13 17:19, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Ooops:
>
> http://linux-sound.org/audio/Whiter_Shade_Of_Pale_r1-GN.flac
>
> http://linux-sound.org/audio/Whiter_Shade_Of_Pale-EQ-FA.flac
>
> That should fix it.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

It's been interesting listening to all the different versions.

It's been ages since I last heard this, although I have it in my
collection somewhere. It's a good cover: your voice has a touch of Gary
Brooker about it so sounds just right and the drummer nicely captured
the feel of the original as well.

With the length you made it, it's a shame you didn't resurrect the
missing two verses but in pre-internet days they'd be difficult to find.

Out of synth-geek interest, what was the string machine that the
keyboard player was using?

Thanks