Re: [LAU] Ubuntu-Studio 13.04 Nvidia drivers?

From: by way of John Murphy <rosegardener@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2013 - 18:51:25 EET

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:12:57 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Wed, February 13, 2013 8:59 pm, John Murphy wrote:
> >
> > Well I just tried an Xubuntu 13.04 'daily' build and, similarly to Ubuntu,
> > I got a login prompt without X running and installed nvidia-310-dev, which
> > works OK. It takes ages, compared to Studio, to boot from Grub to login
> > though, so there's some magic under the hood of the Studio version I
> > think.
>
> Ubuntustudio took xubuntu as it's start at 11.10 and probably hasn't
> merged in any new stuff xubuntu has since then. So there may just be less
> stuff in Studio.

It certainly makes for a very slick distro and one I'll probably use
until KDE5, if not forever!

Tried one more time with the low-latency 3.8.0.6 kernel, but no go.
As soon as I rebooted after installing Generic, nvidia-310-dev was
up and running, which is great. Means I'll be able to compare the
performance of the two kernel types, which could be useful.

Thanks.