Re: [LAU] Changed: Copyright laws and such

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 16:19:14 EET

<louigi.verona@email-addr-hiddenwrote:
> > This is where we differ, at least on the surface of it. I think that it
> > is unethical
> > to make people ask you permission after you publicly released something.
> > When I release a tune or a story or an invention, I do not aim to become
> > a tyrant, who, by virtue of his work now has the world grant him a
> > positive obligation.
> >
> > The common decency you speak about is not common to me. To me making
> > people asking permission is being a jerk.
>
> You are reading in language which was never used to argue against a case
> that was not made. He didn't claim that it was right to "make" people ask,
> he just said that asking was the decent thing to do, something with which I
> fully agree. The same technologies that make copying infinitely more easy
> also make communication infinitely more easy, so I don't see why its an
> invasion of liberty to seek permission for appropriation whenever possible.

I release my stuff BY-SA and GPL. I don't want you to ask about that stuff.
Send me a link to what you have done if you like. I do like being surprised
at how different things people do can be to what I had originally conceived.

Plus, permssion does not scale. It is monopoly firendly, not Freedom friendly
in a netwroked world.

all the best,

drew