Re: [LAU] Running the guitarix LADSPA plugins on a headless system

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 23:57:35 EET

On 02/15/2013 10:16 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Jeremy!
> Oh bugger, I would have suggested Ecasound/Nama as your first
> options. :-)

Ha ha, well, it was the first tool that popped up in my mind. And I got
it to work quite quickly, it's well documented.

> but there is csound, although I have a feeling, that it's LADSPA
> support can be a little confusing not to say buggy. No idea, what the
> current state is, I tried it last over a year ago.
> Perhaps CLM has LADSPA/DSSI support as well.
> But I'm really wondering, why Ecasound should use so much CPU power.
> Yes it does like to start two instances of plugns. I'm not sure how it
> behaves exactly, when there's a discrepancy between inputs and outputs.
> but running it in Ecasound would have a few advantages: MIDI
> controllability from the outside, a stable and well-behaved host.

I get that idea too that it starts two instances of the first plugin in
the signal path (Guitarix-Amp). I'll try your suggestion you gave in
your other mail (using -f with a channel count of 1).

> I had been looking, but didn't find it. But I'm sure, that either in
> relation to the sndfile-suite or in the neighbourhood of jack-dssi-host
> there had been another small utility to run LADSPA plugins. Sorry I
> can't be more specific.
> At least sox can handle ADSPA. But sox to my knowledge has no JACK
> support.
> I hope some of this may be of help to you.

It sure is, thanks! Going to check out my other options.

Jeremy