Re: [LAU] How do you play bass intensive audio ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2013 - 03:48:40 EET

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 02:07:41 +0100, <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just got recently a CD from Massive Attack. 'Mezzanine'. This does
> not play nice in all audio settings. Got a 'massive' lot of low bass
> sounds. Same in the car, in the Linux 1010LT audio station. Is there a
> way to deal with these CDs ? (OK, all this sounds like a stupid
> question - just apply EQ ... )

I don't remember all that 90s trip hop anymore, but I still remember that
it was mixed for "sane" audio setups, to provide deep bass sound, that
doesn't caused issues on all kinds of cheap and expensive gear. I can
imagine that this music can't be played on modern subwoofer setups, with
insane biased sound settings.

I never used subwoofers myself and I don't have knowledge how to use
subwoofers, but I experienced disgusting setups when I was guest amidst
strangers.

Standing waves, subwoofers that loud, that it was possible to localize
them etc. pp..

Perhaps you experience such an issue?