Re: [LAU] Getting the audio track from DVDs

From: Chris Hogan <hodginson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2013 - 14:20:24 EET

Here's the relevant part of a script I've been using to do this. It's
nothing fancy but it works, it just dumps the audio as numbered wav
files (one file for each chapter). With a bit more creative scripting
you could automatically set the variables at the start by pulling them
out of lsdvd's output, but I'll leave that as an exercise for the
curious reader (i.e. I am lazy).

#!/bin/bash

#set these to match the dvd you want to rip
#use lsdvd to figure out which title and how many chapters you need
dvdpath=/dev/sr0
title=1
number_of_chapters=18

songnumber=1
while [ $songnumber -le $number_of_chapters ]; do
    mplayer dvd://$title -chapter $songnumber-$songnumber -dvd-device
$dvdpath -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:file=$songnumber.wav
    let songnumber=songnumber+1;
done