Re: [LAU] Some new Bach

From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2013 - 18:24:40 EET

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello!
> I once heard, that the changes between loud and quiet sections in
> Mozart's music generally correspond to some rhythm in brain wave patterns.
> the timing is supposed to be right. But that was years and years ago, so I
> couldn't quote you an article. but I'm almost sure it was in connection
> with one of those experiments, where they took three groups, folding paper,
> cutting shapes into it and then have them imagine, what the final result
> would look like. I think they were tested on Mozart, Philip Glas and no
> music. Coming to the conclusion, that the Mozart group had the best
> results. I can't remember, how the remaining two groups were ranked. - Oh
> yes, they were all started together with no music, so that there was a way
> to compare them.

Google for Mozart effect and you will find things like
Also stuff trying to debunk stuff like the above!

About the hard metal (if thats what its called) version of Beethoven's
moonlight,
Ive collected some preliminary thoughts on my blog:
http://blog.languager.org/2011/02/cs-education-is-fat-and-weak-3.html

Note its part of a series on CS education; music is only incidental.
Still if any of you have thoughts/suggestions, Id like to hear

Rusi