Re: [LAU] Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2013 - 21:00:11 EET

On 02/16/2013 05:54 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> I think that is wise. It seems people expect just by dropping a distro on
> a machine it will be audio ready. That doesn't seem to happen without
> setting things to match the machine, including bios setting etc.

This also applies for the RPi (though the RPi doesn't have a BIOS)
especially regarding external hardware. Some USB audio interfaces work
fine with the default settings, others fail to work properly. And not
all RPi's are the same, between boards there can be differences between
memory and ethernet adapters for instance.

Jeremy