Re: [LAU] Audio distros

From: Chris Bannister <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2013 - 14:28:39 EET

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 08:50:39PM -1000, david wrote:
> Hmm, last time I checked, none of the deb-multimedia versions were
> set to be more recent than the Sid ones. They're also not
> automatically upgradeable, apparently. At least, last time I did a
> system upgrade (not dist-upgrade) it didn't upgrade any of the
> deb-multimedia packages, even though some of them had been upgraded
> by deb-multimedia. At least I have to manually upgrade one if I want
> to.
>
> I mostly use it for the win32 codecs, AACS keys, easytag, mplayer.

easytag and mplayer(2) are available from the Debian repositories.
I don't have the win32 codecs installed and have yet to find a file
which doesn't play, although, of course, your needs may be more
demanding than mine.

> I don't always agree with Debian's personal idiocies, such as their
> hatred of cdrecord. I replaced wodim with cdrecord, and was
> surprised to find out that CD burning WORKED ON MY LAPTOP AGAIN.
> Wodim had been failing with "hardware" errors for a few years before
> that.

Were you using wodim from the command line? You should file a bug, if it
is not working for you.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X