[LAU] (OT) list addresses (was Re: Audio distros)

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2013 - 18:49:06 EET

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:36:46 +0800
Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 18/02/13 00:22, Len Ovens wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, February 17, 2013 4:00 am, Chris Bannister wrote:
> >> [No need to include me in the reply, I'm subscribed to the list]
> >
> > Unfortunately, this list does not add a replyto: field so the only way of
> > getting things to the list is with reply all.... or spend time messing
> > with all the header fields.
>
> I thought most email clients have supported reply-to-list based on List-id for ages?

It's not so much the mail client as the list settings and the headers it
adds to the email (though some clients are broken with regards to this).

For me, using the Sylpheed client, a simple reply comes back to the list,
while a reply-all goes to the sender with a cc: to the list, which would
cause the original sender to get the message twice. When replying to a
list, you hardly ever want to reply-all.