Re: [LAU] (OT) list addresses (was Re: Audio distros)

From: Chris Bannister <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2013 - 17:57:00 EET

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 09:58:35PM +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:

> All "replies" should to the sender only. The lists.linuxaudio.org does
> not munge the headers. It's up to you and your MUA.

Except for this option in the settings page:

<begin>
Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No to
receive copies.

If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect to
receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header added
to it.

(*) No
( ) Yes

<begin/>

The default is yes! :( The wording is a bit confusing, as it seems to be
favouring MUA's that don't have a List reply, 'L' as far as mutt is
concerned.

For example I normally delete personal replies when it is a list mail,
(i.e. the list is either in the To or the CC header.) so that I can do a
proper List reply from the appropriate folder/mailbox and I've been
bitten by that stupid default option when I've changed to that list's
mailbox and the message isn't there! Grrrr!

P.S. This list is not the only guilty one. Apparently it is set that way
for newbies so they don't get confused :(

oppressing." --- Malcolm X