Re: [LAU] OT: reply to list..

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2013 - 18:43:44 EET

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:14:57 +0100, Chris Bannister
<cbannister@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Some think gmail is broken. On some lists the code of conduct states
> that you don't CC people unless they request it, while on others (I
> think the LKML is one ) each poster is CC'd in the reply because of the
> volume of mail, and if it is an "urgent" message it could possibly be
> missed.

As for ALSA list too, because for some threads several developers could be
involved, that perhaps do not follow each mail to those lists. For LAU
it's an advantage to Cc privately, because mails often don't come through
the list, there's no other list I'm experiencing this issue.

However, usually it's not wanted to Cc privately, it's common to send to
the lists only.

It's not an issue for me, but indeed, the settings for LAU are odd and
absolutely uncommon for mailing lists.

Again, I feel fine with it, but IMO it's understandable that some list
members don't like the list's settings to handle this issue.