Re: [LAU] light weight, full featured desktop for audio

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2013 - 07:51:32 EET

On 02/20/2013 04:12 AM, Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Raffaele Morelli
> <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2013/2/20 William Light <wrl@illest.net>:
>>
>>> Or, if it fits your workflow, there's not much lighter than dwm.
>>> http://dwm.suckless.org/
>>>
>>> -w
>>
>> it seems really good but that's too much for me :-)
>> BTW I'll have a try
>
> "You don’t have to learn Lua/sh/ruby or some weird configuration file
> format (like X resource files), beside C, to customize it for your
> needs: you only have to learn C (at least in order to edit the header
> file)."
>
> So you have to recompile every time you want to tweak settings?

Hahahahaha! Real non-technical-user-friendly way to do things!

Easier to learn a basic text markup. Better still: provide a GUI tool
for tweaking settings and have IT write the configuration file and send
a call to the executable telling it to reload its config file.

But then, why doesn't the opendesktop standard have a good standard tool
for creating/updating .desktop files?

--
David
gnome@hawaii.rr.com