Re: [LAU] sending sysex while jackd runs

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 23 2013 - 21:59:38 EET

On February 23, 2013 01:09:28 PM Paul Davis wrote:
> to reiterate: if timing matters to you, do NOT use -X raw or -X seq.
>
> use a2jmidid -e instead.

Paul, I read that some of the timing problems with
 using seq had been (or was in the process of being) fixed
 such that it was going to be more reliable now.

Is that true?

I couldn't notice much of a difference between seq and a2jmidid,
 recently.

This issue came up for MusE recently because we
 decided, based on that info I read, to start MusE
 without listing ALSA devices, only Jack midi devices,
 if Jack is running.

Thanks.
Tim.