Re: [LAU] [a bit OT] freesound.org - a short venting

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 27 2013 - 19:11:07 EET

Hello Julien, top-posting as you prefer.

It's a shame that nowadays there's still being sites that don't care (or
not much) about accessibility.

Right now it pops up to me archive.org as an option, but I'm not sure if
it's all accessible as it should and if it contains all the functionality
you need.

El martes, 26 de febrero de 2013, Julien Claassen escribió:

> Hello everyone!
> I hope, that there is someone here, who has strong ties to freesound.org
> .
> I went back there today to give registration another go. I said, that
> their registration was rather a nuiance (captcha codes). Now I find audio
> captchas, as provided by google. Which is all very well. I can download the
> audio captcha and listen to it. After a quarter ofan hour Imanaged to guess
> a right code and then was asked to copy a lot of text into another entry
> field. OK, even that is no problem. But then, there is no button to press.
> Javascript.
> So I think, I might give it a go and send a message to kindly ask for
> support. But of course: I am politely asked to use the captcha.
> I have been wondering: for a free site, sharing material with all the
> world, if the world so desires, they are very well hidden. I know a fair
> number of commercial web sites, which are easier to access and register
> with, including - but not limited to - amazon and jpc, a large German
> musical instruments' shop,...
> I know, they have problems with spam, but so have others. So have/had we
> at some time, so have some forums, I once registered with and still, they
> all weren't that bricked off. - I am part of a minority, even a rather
> small one, seeing, that I use text-based programs, whereever possible. But
> I nkow of others, who do have their scripts disabled for various reasons
> (blind or not).
> I do hope, that someone here really is part of the team, otherwise I
> would have wasted words and flooded this list with unnecessary spam of my
> own. :-)
> Warm regards
> Julien

Carlos sanchiavedraz