[LAU] Building Audio from a Server Core?

From: <grekimj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2013 - 05:07:16 EET

Am 27.02.2013 19:46, schrieb Grekim Jennings:
>> How difficult or even possible is it to start with a server core system
>> and make it useable for a audio?

>Very difficult. I guess, the advantage in speed one may get from an
>custom-build minimalist system would need some 10 years to collect
>enough seconds to bring back the time it takes to build the system in
>the first place.

>Why not just install a major distro plus audio-layer and run it with
>Fluxbox or E or on tty? If I compare the performance of heavy
>audio-setups under KDE4 and under Fluxbox on the same system I find it
>hard to see any difference...

Okay thanks. Well, I just installed Squeeze with only 'laptop' and 'system tools' packages selected. And....audio (usb/Audiobox) is working without any additional downloads, tweeks or anything. So
obviously something was missing in the server install. Anyway, I'm just excited that this setup is looking good so far.