Re: [LAU] Issues with JACK

From: Gabriel Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 05 2013 - 18:45:43 EET

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hmm, alarming! I do use both USB keyboard and USB mouse. My soundcard is
> also USB. I do have alot of other devices plugged in aswell to my USB. Is
> there any way I can fix this, other then getting "real" plugs for the USB
> keyboard/mouse? Like I said, there's still a couple of devices that uses USB
> even if I get rid of the mouse/keyboard.

USB devices are allowed to reserve bandwidth... and that affects every
device attached to the same USB hub. Now, you might say, "I don't use
a USB hub" -- but that's not true. Your PC has one or two USB hubs
that it uses internally. In my case, I had a USB audio device on the
same hub as a USB Webcam. Even when I wasn't using the Webcam, it was
reserving bandwidth. Thing would be running fine, then all the sudden
audio comes crashing down with an xrun.

For me the PC had two internal hubs. I used a different USB port
(attached to the non-webcam-hub) and the problem was solved.

I'm not saying this is your problem... but use something like 'sudo
lsusb -t' and inspect which devices are connected to which hubs.
Unplug as much as you can. Try different ports.

-gabriel