Re: [LAU] External USB 2 HD for real-time recording

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Mar 09 2013 - 20:32:54 EET

On Sat, 2013-03-09 at 10:15 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> Run in a script with sleep, not from cron which might be turned off
> for recording :)

"Touching" the drive by such a script shouldn't cause issues, but it's
annoying that it's needed, at least to safe some lifetime. Perhaps I'll
use the drive continually. It's connected since 9 days nearly 24 hours a
day, but was seldom used. It's silent, but after a while I noticed the
audible spindowns.