Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2013 - 03:44:48 EET

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> Cinelerra can't compare with it, LightWorks is professional software,
> but it does need professional gear, so Cinelerra or even kmenc15 still
> might be better solution for most of us.

I've found Cinelerra to be very buggy and unstable (crashed a lot). I
used it on a couple of projects but it was not to my taste, I guess.
The workflow and interface was kind of clumsy, too.

kdenlive is much more usable but seems to suffer from KDE bloat and is
laggy, especially for playback. But it's quite similar in workflow to
Sony Vegas.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com