Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2013 - 16:09:03 EET

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 16:53 +0400, Louigi Verona wrote:
> 2. I cannot agree that Android can be considered to be part of Linux
> Desktop.

I don't know much about Android, if it's similar to iOS for the iPad,
than I even won't call it Linux, regarding to the policy.
However, in China they use Linux very much for desktop PCs/Laptops.

> What about video drivers?

What about drivers? ;) No need to limit it to "video". As often
mentioned, even my RME card, bought 1 or 2 years ago, after making
inquiries, to ensure hat it does work with Linux, recommended by the
list, is not really supported until now. It does work with 4 from 10
channels only.

Regarding to hardware Linux always is a risk. You and I are willing to
take this risk, but IMO it's comprehensible that many people fear Linux.