Re: [LAU] multimedia content

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 14 2013 - 12:41:39 EET

On 03/14/2013 09:35 AM, Atte wrote:
> On 03/08/2013 02:27 PM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
>> On 03/07/2013 04:18 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm looking for original multimedia content produced with FLOSS
>>> software. It can be promotional material, video, documentary, movie,
>>> film, TV footage, etc...
>> http://xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml
>
> Very interesting watch. Not sure what can be concluded from it,
> though. Casual logic might make you sell all your audiophile analog
> playback equipment and buy CD's instead. But is that really what this
> means? Is it possible to do similar tests on music (as opposed to
> generated waveforms) without having to resort to subjective
> hocus-pocus-hearing?
>
> Basically a few of my long lived conceptions about digital audio seems
> to have just been myth busted...

I believe that a lot of things related to audio needs to bee myth busted
and sometimes, I still have a hard time when I realize that I have to
rethink old truths. More mythbusting: :-)

<http://people.xiph.org/%7Exiphmont/demo/neil-young.html>
http://www.ethanwiner.com/myths.html and:
http://www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ