Re: [LAU] Special Consideration for WD Green HDDs

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Mar 14 2013 - 22:19:16 EET

Thank you John :)

I missed the forest for the trees. Your idea was very good.

On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 16:13 +0000, John Murphy wrote:
> Does it spin down and up again if you stay in your BIOS configuration

No, if I stay in the BIOS configuration is spiny down and keeps
sleeping.

There's something bad with Linux :(.

This should be fixed for Linux, this energy saving mode is really good,
when it works as it should work.

Now I wonder what does cause this issue and where to report it.

Regards,
Ralf