Re: [LAU] Sending audio out and back into JACK

From: Bill Gribble <grib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 15 2013 - 16:48:24 EET

Depending on your needs, it could be really easy or a little
complicated :)

You can very easily connect up equipment like you describe, and get
processed audio back into your computer. It just works. However, the
audio that you get back into the computer will be delayed with respect
to the audio you sent out. How much depends on your JACK buffer
settings and the properties of your audio interface and external
equipment; you can measure it with "jdelay".

If you are planning to mix the new sounds with the old, you will need to
delay the old before mixing it with the new. Ardour and most other DAW
software will handle this automatically. If your software doesn't do it
automatically, you can probably manually adjust the new (or old) data
after recording, using "jdelay" output to tell you how much to shift it.

Good luck!
Bill Gribble