Re: [LAU] Sending audio out and back into JACK

From: Andrew C <countfuzzball@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 15 2013 - 19:07:34 EET

Thanks for the information guys, didn't know that a multiple in/out
audio interface creates _1 system_in/out ports in JACK.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> 1. Jack patchbay: synth output -> software patched -> "system_out 1"
> 2. Physical connection: system_out_1 (on soundcard)-> physical lead ->
> outboard effect input
> 3. physical connection: outboard effect output -> physical lead ->
> "system_in_1" on soundcard
> 4. Jack patchbay: "system_in_1"-> software patched -> (recording program or
> whatever).

That makes a lot of sense and is quite cool, I'll definitely have to try it out!

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Bill Gribble <grib@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> If you are planning to mix the new sounds with the old, you will need to
> delay the old before mixing it with the new. Ardour and most other DAW
> software will handle this automatically. If your software doesn't do it
> automatically, you can probably manually adjust the new (or old) data
> after recording, using "jdelay" output to tell you how much to shift it.

Ouch, I knew there was a catch! This means that the incoming audio is
delayed by the latency or 2x?
JACK is running at 10.2ms latency currently, but if I send it out and
then back in, it's delayed by 10.2ms or 20.4ms?

Thanks guys for the info!

Andrew.