Re: [LAU] screencast using jack

From: Jannis Achstetter <jannis_achstetter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 17 2013 - 10:25:51 EET

Am 17.03.2013 00:15, schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il 16/03/2013 23:23, Jannis Achstetter ha scritto:
>> I know that a piece of software called "KRAD RADIO" can do this kind of
>> stuff. Though it's still in a stage of development where things change
>> often and redically, version tagged as "13" in github is quite stable:
>> https://github.com/krad-radio/krad_radio/archive/Version_13.tar.gz
>>

> I had problems with compiling that tarball.
> ./waf configured barfed:
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
> CalledProcessError: Command '['git', 'describe', '--tags']' returned
> non-zero exit status 128

You're right, that is a known limitation of version 13, I just didn't
think of it. Needs to be built from the git repo.

> Now ./waf configure starts, but...
> ... I'm missing a dependency, libjpeg8-turbo (it's not in Debian).
> Where can I get it?

Um, ok, that never was a problem for me since every distribution I used
so far shipped libjpeg8-turbo by default. And you're right that it
doesn't seem to be available for Debian:

I don't know why KRAD hard depends on that library and there don't seem
to be ready-to-use deb-packages. You can however, try to build it from
source from http://libjpeg-turbo.virtualgl.org/

Best regards,
        Jannis