Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Mar 17 2013 - 13:10:38 EET

On Sun, 2013-03-17 at 21:45 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Never heard of Red Fool, have Red Bull here

I'm talking about the same drink ;), I just won't name all those
products.

Btw. you once could get a taste of brown sugar as easy as of Aspirin:

http://www.herbmuseum.ca/files/imagecache/main/images/Bayer%2520Heroin%2520Ad.jpg

When I was young and Bluse musicians sing about brown sugar, I thought
they were singing about black or oriental women ;). I wasn't aware that
it's possible to have such a passion for drugs. Today I wonder that I'm
not addicted to opiates. Perhaps the only reason for this is, that it's
to much stress to get enough opiates. If they would sell them by a good
quality for less money mixed in a drink, perhaps I would be addicted.

It's just that McDonalds and Microsoft don't provide what I like, but
Codeine and similar drugs make me feel good. When I had toothaches I got
Codeine and I felt good, still having toothaches, it doesn't kill the
pain, but you don't care about the pain anymore.

Why don't stay people with one Windows version? They want to feel good
and get something new entertaining. Perhaps it's intended by Microsoft
to add bugs to Windows! So you can become an expert, it provides new
jobs, you can buy magazines and solve pseudo-issues yourself etc..

Yes, I also update my Linux, because I wont to get improved versions of
Linux, but Windows always does claim to be the best OS ever, that's the
difference.

Windows does provide something that has nothing to do with technical
facts, it does sell a good feeling to people who don't need a computer,
but who want to have a computer, because it's hip to have one.

We once talked about cellphones and several people on that list, AFAIR
Paul, Robin and of course I, feel better without a mobile. I had mobiles
myself, it was nice, new, I had fantasies about advantages, but when I
owned the mobiles, I experienced that I don't need them, that they
sometimes are an advantage, but more often they were a disadvantage.

Why do people need all those gear? I suspect that it's because we don't
have evolution, we're stagnating. We make progress regarding to
technical abilities, scientific knowledge, but hat's not evolution, we
are doing it already for hundreds of years. It's good that we know how
to get better technology, to get more scientific knowledge, but that
isn't evolution, we already have this abilities. Real progress, a real
evolution would be something new. A change in social behaviour or
something I'm unable to imagine would be progress.

With such an evolution, we might would get rid of proprietary ideas,
closed source, copyright, Windows.